Android Ice Cream Sandwich 2012.05
kalle.vahlman at movial.com
Fri Jun 1 12:56:13 UTC 2012
The 2012.05 Android Ice Cream Sandwich release from Linaro and Igloo
Community is now available for download at
Please follow the instructions there for installing the image on an SD card.
NOTE: This release introduces a new version of the early boot software
which is always located on the internal memory and is not
backwards-compatible to older releases (regardless if they are
installed on microSD or the internal memory). Flashing the latest
image is highly recommended.
You can also get an image that can be flashed to the internal memory from
The image is compressed to save download time. Please see the Flashing
howto for installation instructions for the prebuilt image:
The Linaro release page can be found at
The sources for this release and build instructions can be found at
A full list of bugs fixed for this release is available at
Main supported features
* Based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
* Linux kernel based on version 3.3
* HDMI/DVI-D display support (see known limitations)
* Graphics acceleration with the Mali 400 GPU
* Bluetooth support (see known limitations)
* Ethernet and Wireless connectivity
* microSD card support
* ADB over network and USB
* GPS support
* Multimedia acceleration (see known limitations)
* Sensors support
* If there is a monitor connected to the HDMI port the audio path is
routed to HDMI-audio, even if the display device doesn't support it.
Also, the HDMI-audio output is distorted, this will be fixed in future
builds but the fix missed the release deadline.
* Bluetooth file transfers have problems
* DVI-D display support can only be enabled manually
* USB OTG host mode is working only in a limited fashion:
Please report any further issues with this release at the Igloo
Community launchpad site.
Kalle Vahlman, Movial Creative Technologies Inc.
Porkkalankatu 20, FI-00180 Helsinki
Tel +358 9 8567 6400
Fax +358 9 8567 6401
More information about the announce